Searching for the perfect Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system can be a daunting task, but fear not! In this blog post, we have enlisted the expertise of a Revenue Operations (RevOps) professional to guide you through the process. Discover the top five features that an experienced RevOps expert considers crucial when evaluating a CRM:
What to look for in a CRM?
Top 5 features:
From seamless integration capabilities to robust analytics and beyond, uncover the key elements that will empower your business to drive revenue growth, enhance customer relationships, and achieve long-term success with the right CRM solution.
Feature #1 - An easy-to-use platform.
Ease of use is a crucial CRM feature as it ensures cost-effective and time-efficient utilization, allowing users to quickly adapt and maximize the value of the system. A user-friendly CRM interface enhances effectiveness, simplifies workflows, and promotes user adoption, ultimately leading to greater success in managing customer relationships.
Feature #2 - An expansive integration ecosystem.
The ability to seamlessly integrate with a wide range of tools is a vital CRM feature that enhances effectiveness and success. By integrating with various tools, a good CRM system can allow you to customize your CRM perfectly to your needs by centralizing data and enabling efficient collaboration, which will result in enhanced value and productivity for businesses.
Feature #3 - Reports that focus on forecasting and customer lifecycle analytics.
Reports that prioritize forecasting and customer lifecycle analytics enable businesses to make data-driven decisions, optimize sales strategies, and identify opportunities for growth. By providing insights into customer behavior and predicting future trends, these CRM features empower businesses to enhance their effectiveness, maximize ROI, and drive long-term success.
Feature #4 - Comprehensive and reliable customer support.
Having access to responsive and knowledgeable support ensures smooth implementation, training, and ongoing assistance, optimizing the effectiveness of the CRM. With dependable customer support, businesses can overcome challenges, maximize the value of their CRM investment, and achieve long-term success in managing customer relationships.
Feature #5 - Customization and scalability.
The ability to customize the CRM to fit specific business processes ensures optimal effectiveness and efficiency. Additionally, scalability allows businesses to adapt the CRM as they grow, ensuring its continued value and long-term success in managing customer relationships.
HubSpot vs Salesforce debate
So, let’s settle this: HubSpot or Salesforce? Which one is better in terms of these five top features a CRM should have? When comparing HubSpot and Salesforce based on the provided criteria, both platforms offer robust features, but with some differences.
- HubSpot is known for its user-friendly interface, making it easier to use, and has a higher user adoption rate. Salesforce, however, is more complex and often is described as disjointed and hard to use by users.
- While Salesforce has more integrations available, did you know that separate Salesforce tools for marketing, sales, service, etc. require you to set up and maintain connectors for multi-cloud integrations at additional costs? HubSpot lets you enjoy a seamless platform built on one code base.
- In terms of reporting, both platforms offer powerful analytics. But because of HubSpot’s centralized data in a platform that acts as a single source of truth, forecasting and customer lifecycle reporting are more reliable - because all data is at hand, without the need to rely on integrations.
- While both provide customer support, HubSpot is often regarded as having more comprehensive and reliable support options. Besides options to call, email and chat (my favorite), you also have HubSpot Solutions Partners to help you out, HubSpot Knowledge Base to find guides and a HubSpot Community forum to find answers to unique problems. Plus, it’s all included in the price - no need to pay an additional 20% - 35% of the net cost for support, like in Salesforce.
- Salesforce provides extensive customization options to cater to the needs of complex organizations. However, less integrated CRMs can become cumbersome as the number of users, data, and processes increase, resulting in decreased efficiency at crucial times - it demands additional administrative and developer resources. In contrast, HubSpot allows you to customize your CRM according to your business requirements without introducing unnecessary complexity. It offers a seamless scaling process without the need for extensive custom development work, saving time and effort.
Ultimately, HubSpot is the better solution, if you are looking for easing your work load.
So, what are YOU looking for in a CRM?
By choosing HubSpot over Salesforce, you can save up to $161,000 a year in CRM costs. Your company may qualify for such savings.
Get in touch with us to see if we can help you reduce your costs.